Author Topic: How would I go about presenting a workshop at a conference?  (Read 5720 times)

Annette

• Global Moderator
How would I go about presenting a workshop at a conference?
« on: April 15, 2013, 04:29:01 PM »
This post is primarily for the Cloud database but still applicable for the Legacy database.

Question: Our missionary asked us to contribute a couple workshops on topics of our choice. I figure AW would make sense, but I wouldn't know where to begin. Anyone have suggestions?

Answer: Below is an agenda from a prior post by Franklin Lawrence. It was created for the Legacy database but most workshops now focus on the Cloud database. The post has been updated where changes were needed. To get a demo database to use during a workshop and a brochure to hand out, please contact customer support.

Here is the agenda I use:

1) Introduce myself and identify with the attendees as being a Club Secretary. Tell them a brief history of the manual methods and other automated tools I've used. It is important that they know we have walked where they have been or maybe still are.

2) Take a quick survey of what methods your audience is currently using so you have some comparison points during the presentation.

3) Give a brief history of AW and let them know there are 1,000+ churches using it. I also tell them about the online Forum as it is an encouragement to many who want to know there are others they can interact with and a place for questions. We have a great community of users and lots of help from each other.

4) Start with the most basic thing - the clubber. I demo the screens and methods for adding and maintaining your clubbers.

5) Go into how you use AW on a typical club night. Demo the efficiency of the Web App for club time access by multiple leaders, including a quick look at limiting permissions, setting filters, and using the display options. Demo the sorting, grouping, and other grid related items of the Windows App as well as the reports that are available.

6) Wrap up with a quick tour through the other features like Club > Today summary data (Web App), Club Store (Windows App) as well as customizing club names, setting points, etc.

7) Provide a handout so they have something to take notes on and for future reference.

8.) Usually there are two back-to-back sessions so those who want more details or want to ask more in-depth questions can stay for the second hour. I usually get 5-6 who want more and ask me good questions that keep me on my toes.
)
9) Direct them to the Approved Workman website (https://approvedworkman.com/). Trial databases for the Legacy database may be requested through the support email. Demo databases for the Cloud database may be requested directly from the website.

It is a great blessing to show others a great product like AW.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 02:33:28 PM by Annette »